Gullivers travels was unique in its day it was not written to woo or entertain it was an indictment and it was most popular among those who were indicted . Gullivers travels is a satire in which jonathon swift uses lemuel gulliver as a mask for his satire toward the english government his hatred is brought out in this caustic political and social satire aimed at the english people humanity in general and the whig party in particular. Get an answer for what is swift satirizing in gullivers travels and find gullivers travels is an allegorical satire this mean of lemuel gulliver. Perceptions of satire in gullivers travels in 1726 jonathan swift published a book for english readers on the surface this book appears to be a travel log made to chronicle the adventures of a man lemuel gulliver on the four most incredible voyages imaginable
How it works:
1. Register a Free 1 month Trial Account.
2. Download as many books as you like ( Personal use )
3. No Commitment. Cancel anytime.
4. Join Over 100.000 Happy Readers.
5. That's it. What you waiting for? Sign Up and Get Your Books.